We are looking for a volunteer project assistant to work with our projects officer at our office located in Marsfield.
Mahboba’s Promise is a Sydney based charity that has been operating for over 20 years. We conduct development work within Afghanistan for disadvantaged women and children. We also work with Afghan refugees in the Sydney area to assist them transition into Australian life.
We can offer flexible hours to fit around uni and work commitments. We are seeking someone who can commit to minimum 2 days a week but are happy to take on someone looking for more hours.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting the women and children of Afghanistan. It operates a number of centres and programs in that country.
Mahboba’s Promise works to improve the lives of the most vulnerable groups in Afghanistan, by providing women and orphans with protection, financial support and education, whistle assisting in the development of skills training programs which can bring long term benefits to both individuals and communities.
- Project updates and monitoring report writing
- Funding and grant research
- Liaising with our office in Afghanistan
- Assisting the projects officer in developing and implementing projects in Afghanistan and Australia.
- General office duties when required
Our ideal candidate will have
- Strong computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Have the capability to work independently
- Proficiency in English (knowledge of Dari is a plus but not at all a requirement)
- An interest in international affairs and development, the not-for profit sector and/or Afghanistan and its development context.
This is an unpaid, voluntary position. Volunteers of Mahboba’s Promise are covered by our public liability insurance.
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, then please forward your details along with your resume to email@example.com