We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic volunteer to join our team at our Marsfield office.
Ideally, you are a person with organisational skills and a background in marketing, who is keen to help the disadvantaged and mentor others.
The focus of the role is to assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies and projects to build awareness for the organisation. This volunteering experience will allow you to share your knowledge and skills with the organization. You will also get an opportunity to gain hands on marketing and communication experience and expand your professional network as well as learn new skills and techniques.
Mahboba’s Promise is an Australian non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting the women and children of Afghanistan. It operates a number of centres and programs in that country.
Mahboba’s Promise works to improve the lives of the most vulnerable groups in Afghanistan, by providing women and orphans with protection, financial support and education, whistle assisting in the development of skills training programs which can bring long term benefits to both individuals and communities.
- Drive the Marketing Communications efforts for the development and enhancement ofthe marketing Campaigns.
- Assist in building the online presence of Mahboba’s Promise across the various social media channels of the organisation (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Managing the social media accounts of the organisation.
- Design and supervise marketing materials.
- Write press releases, email campaigns and other marketing materials.
- Handle/supervise social media content.
- Measure and analyse the results of marketing campaigns.
- Liaise with cross-function teams to meet collective briefs.
You must have relevant experience in marketing. Additionally, you should have:
- Degree in, or studies towards marketing or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of digital marketing (social media management, online advertising, Google Analytics, MailChimp, CMS - WordPress)
- Strong creative outlook.
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Self-Motivated - proactive and pre-emptive in your approach.
- Experience in similar/related position is favourable.
- Experience in graphic design (Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, Canva) is favourable.