VISION, MISSION AND VALUES
Our Vision is to provide a sustainable future within a secure environment for disadvantaged Afghan women and children.
Mahboba’s Promise aims to provide effective overseas development aid to disadvantaged Afghan women, widows, children and orphans. We will achieve this through sustainable development programs such as the establishment of schools, health clinics and community facilities destined to be operated by local authorities and communities.
Values and Principles
To achieve our Mission, we will honour the values of compassion for people in need and effectively impact on their circumstances while embracing standards of practice that ensure integrity, honesty, transparency and due diligence.
In developing our aid programs, we will strive to:
- Build the morale of people affected by conflict so that they have motivation to reconstruct their country;
- Restore faith in the future for the people of Afghanistan through the example of quality workers delivering aid services;
- Consider and consult experts in relation to cultural practices and beliefs to identify and meet the best interests of Afghan women, widows, children and orphans;
- Establish self-sufficiency in individuals and sustainable outcomes in community projects in the programs that we provide;
- Enhance the quality of life of our beneficiaries through education and employment training;
- Have effective consultation with all stakeholders including beneficiaries and value their participation in our programs;
- Secure basic human rights including the principles of gender equality and child protection in our program design;
- Be equitable and non-discriminatory in the distribution of our aid;
- Follow best practices and give due consideration to issues of sustainable ecological and resource management in our aid programs.
In our Governance, we will endeavour to be professional and accountable and compliant by:
- Offering the public and organisations in Australia and elsewhere, a trusted and acceptable mechanism by which they may contribute funds to worthy projects to assist Afghan women, widows, children and orphans;
- Ensuring that the Association is at all times financially responsible;
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the Policies and Procedures of the Association.
Mahboba’s Promise Inc. is a signatory to the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) Code of Conduct which defines minimum standards of governance, management and accountability for non-government development organisations. Adherence to the Code is monitored by an independent Code of Conduct Committee elected from the NGO community. Our voluntary adherence to the Code of Conduct demonstrates our commitment to ethical practice and public accountability.
Code of Conduct